Further details on this system
Mion Ventoltermica storage systems are based on silos that are designed and constructed taking several aspects into account:
- type, shape, grain size and acidity of the material to be stored;
- amount of material to be stored;
- specific gravity;
Silos are large structures that allow you to store a significant amount of product under controlled conditions in order to reduce the risk of fire or explosion and to keep it protected against the weather.
To best meet the needs of its customers, Mion Ventoltermica manufactures silos with capacities ranging from 50 to 12,000 m3 and with different structural shapes: cylindrical, conical and rectangular.
The silos can be equipped with a filtering unit at the top that is used to filter the air conveyed into the charging system.
The stored product is subsequently retrieved from the bottom of the silo using different extractor types:
- chain extractor;
- inclined arm extractor;
- screw extractor;
- leaf springs with screw extractor;
Choosing the type of extractor depends on the design of the silo, on the grain size and on the quantity of product to be extracted.
Mion Ventoltermica manufactures storage silos in accordance with the requirements of UNI EN ISO 3834-3 (process/product certification – quality of welding and smelting of metals), UNI EN 1090-1 (execution of steel structures), Technical Construction Standards relating to certification of Transformation Centre N. 2763/13 and, more generally, in compliance with Italian laws and European directives.
If there is potentially explosive material, our machines are designed and built in accordance with EU Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX), with evaluation and analysis of the explosion risk for the specific type of bulk goods.
- space savings;
- possibility to use the recovered space for other logistic and/or production requirements;
- significant time savings in moving materials from one process step to another, so the company staff can be engaged in other activities;
- improved safety and efficiency within the working environment.