Further details on this system
Aeraulic sorting and separating systems by Mion Ventoltermica allow you to handle and separate from within an air stream materials of different density and variable size through the use of air curtains and rotary separators. These products are included in a suitable dust suction and filtration system and a system for the collection, transportation and storage of separated materials.
As an alternative to air curtain separators reverse-flow separators can be used; the choice depends on the space available and the specific needs of the customer.
As regards the separation process, it starts with:
- the conveyance of undifferentiated material inside an air curtain separator via a conveyor belt. The air curtain separator is placed at the head of the conveyor belt;
- the controlled airflow generated by the fan causes the lightweight items (plastic film, foam, rubber, small pieces of paper or light plastic etc.) to be sucked upwards and then sent along pipes, while the heavy items (plastic bottles, plastic containers of various types, etc.) fall onto a second conveyor belt to then be collected/disposed of/recovered/enhanced;
- next, the separate lightweight material is conveyed inside the rotary separator: the light fraction is discharged onto a conveyor belt to be collected/disposed of/recovered/enhanced, while the powders are sent to a feeder and then to a bag filter for filtration.
When using a reverse flow separator, this is positioned above the conveyor belt in the middle position. The reverse flow separator works with two fans which push the lightweight material inside the mouth of the separator, before being sucked up from above and continuing along the pipes, inside the rotary separator; the heavy material, conversely, falls onto the conveyor belt to be collected/disposed of/recovered/enhanced.
Mion Ventoltermica studies the best solution together with the customer, in relation to the volume of treated air, the application context and the characteristics of the material to be separated. Each element is analysed and assessed so as to meet the needs of the customer.
- possibility of recovering separated material resulting in economic benefits and waste reduction;
- easy and flexible installation, also together with existing production lines;
- quick and easy maintenance and inspection;
- low electricity consumption;
- low noise level;
- the system can work in pressure or negative pressure.